Canet en Roussillon is the windiest place I have ever lived in, I grew up in Windy George Town, Tassie so this is a big statement. Even though we have been ready to depart for three weeks, constant strong winds blowing over 35 knots and at times gusting to 55 knots means we had to stay longer. It would have been crazy dangerous to leave.
Over the past 21 days I have learnt an important lesson, we make plans and then you wait for the weather.
Today is the day we have been waiting for.
Today the wind is still here but it is not trying to rip us apart as it roars around the ocean. Today we finally get to throw off the lines and depart the harbour for the much delayed sailing adventure.
Today we go and we are both pretty excited about our departure.
Catana The Boyfriend
Catana and I have kissed and made up as our boat is finished ready to go. The people who worked on Miss Catana did a fantastic job and for us it has been a good decision to be patient. The delays have also allowed us to do much needed jobs, like cleaning, painting, polishing and for me nearly finishing last years tax return.
Old And New Friends
The other productive outcome of staying in port has been time spent with friends.
This time in Canet we had a 471 Catana next door called “Music” (well once the name changes on the hulls). On the boat are four guys, 2 Canadians, an American and Englishman who are getting the boat ready to take her back to the States. Having English speaking neighbours has been so much fun and a bit of a game changer in comparison to having no neigbours for three months last year. Also the delay has given us time to catch up with old friends in Canet. Yet we are soooo ready to move on.
So this quick post is to let you know “Today We Ride!!!”
PS Turkey, Albania or Tunisia are all possible destinations as once again I must leave the EU.
PPS Captain Greg is totally gorgeous and single, so if you are a music loving, sailing female send me a message and I will forward on details